The UK is a cultural powerhouse, with more than 26 World Heritage Sites in Great Britain itself! From the sweeping highlands in Scotland to the enigmatic Buckingham Palace, your trip to the UK is bound to be fun, exciting, and full of surprises.
However, when you are busy gaining new experiences and making merry on your trip to the UK, you never know what mishaps or events could hamper your pleasure.
So, when you pack your bags and book your air tickets to the UK, do not forget to buy travel insurance for UK. A travel insurance policy financially safeguards you against incidents on your trip.
To buy travel insurance, the ideal procedure is to do a travel insurance comparison online. Further, comparing and viewing policy details online enables you to buy travel insurance online for the UK.
Let us see why buying travel insurance for your UK trip makes sense.
Some Quick Facts About UK
|Time Zone||GMT + 4:00|
|International Airport||Heathrow Airport, Glasgow International Airport|
|Best months to travel||March and June|
Is it Mandatory to Buy Travel Insurance in the UK?
No, buying travel insurance to visit the UK is not compulsory. However, a travel insurance policy protects your financial interests while away from home.
An international trip does not come cheap. If an unexpected event or mishap happens on your trip, the travel policy will save your budget from going haywire.
Benefits of UK Travel Insurance
A travel insurance policy has wide coverage and protects you on several fronts. For example, if you fall sick on your trip, your travel policy can save you from the hefty medical bills for treatment and hospitalisation.
Here are the reasons why you need travel insurance in the UK.
- 24×7 assistance: With a travel insurance plan, you get round-the-clock travel assistance on your UK trip.
- Flight cancellations and delays: Flight tickets to the UK are expensive. If your flight gets cancelled or delayed due to an unavoidable reason, making fresh bookings can cost you a lot. A travel insurance plan covers the costs of flight cancellations and delays on your trip.
- Lost or delayed baggage: If your check-in baggage gets lost or delayed at the airport, the travel plan will cover it for you.
- Lost passport: A travel insurance plan covers you if you lose your passport on your UK trip so that you can apply for replacements.
- Medical coverage: The COVID-19 coverage covers your expenses if you test positive for it on your trip. In addition, the policy compensates you for the medical expenses if you fall sick on the trip.
- Personal liability coverage: A UK travel insurance plan provides you with personal liability coverage in case of third-party liabilities.
Where Can I Get Travel Insurance for the UK?
Travel insurance for the UK is easy to buy. You can visit the official website of a reputed insurance company like Tata AIG and buy an online travel insurance plan.
Moreover, before purchasing a travel plan, you can get a detailed understanding of the inclusions, exclusions, premiums, other charges, coverage extent, and add-on coverage benefits available with the policy.
Documents Required to Get a Tourist Visa For the UK
- Passport with at least 6 months validity.
- Salary and financial documents
- Travel itinerary
- Travel history
- Personal information
- Proof of intent to leave the country after the decided stay duration is over.
- Proof of sufficient financial means to finance your stay in the UK.
- Proof of sufficient funds to pay for air ticks to and from the UK.
Things to Keep in Mind When Travelling to the UK
- Petty crimes like pickpocketing can be common in London. Moreover, avoid buying ticks and currency from unauthorised people to avoid scams.
- If you plan to drive around the UK, ensure you have a valid international driving licence.
- There are several tourist attractions, like the Queen’s House and the Victoria and Albert Museum, that you can visit for free.
- Make copies of your passport, visa, and travel insurance policy as a backup.
- Carry enough warmers as it can get pretty cold in the UK.
A trip to the beautiful and culturally rich UK can be fun and memorable. Plan your travel itinerary well and add a suitable travel insurance plan at an affordable price to your trip. A travel insurance policy can safeguard you from undesirable and unforeseen expenses on your trip.